Friday, March 11, 2005

Mammal Honor: Item 6, and 7

I need to list four completely aquatic mammals and were they live. I also need to name the largest mammal, tell were it lives, how it feeds, and what it eats.

porpoises: from Siberia and Alaska to California
Bottle-nosed Dolphin: world-wide
Long snouted dolphin: rivers of South America
Blue Whale: circumpolar distribution. This animal also is the animal I need to fill out the seventh listing. I have already told you where it lives. It feeds with stands of straw like material called baleen. It takes a big gulp of water and the pushes the water Though the baleen sifting the water. In this way it gets only the plankton and krill that it eats.
I believe that I have now completed the things I have to do today for science class.

No comments: